This year we got a tree that is too large for the room and it is perfect. I've loved its presence. A total change from the everyday, lights that go vertical, a colour coordinated tree golds and red, we did everything different. Other years we have tried potted trees, small artificial trees, a whisper in the direction of Christmas, letting it look on our daily lives as a bystander, this year we have to alter our path through the room, lean in if we want to see the other people in the room, to better hear them,
I thought I'd be a keeper of Christmas ornaments, but I'm really not. Some years I've made them, and kept the ones that others have made, but they get muddled and tangled, they don't mean as much, its not a priority for me anymore. The priority is to decorate it the way we feel to in this moment, which family member is available to organise, instigate. There is more family communication going on in this regard, I am loosening my control, I like this.
There are other areas that I don't hold on to too: I burned my college notes, course notes, cards and photos from Before, which is anything before the current moment. I palate cleanse. I continue to have high hopes for this life, there's a lot of change going on, a steep gradient in learning and coping, owning and being in my life.

No comments:
Post a Comment